« Home | Faith and Fear » | faith lifts message to me » | I have an amazing story to tell today, actually a... » | Where The Spirit Of The Lord Is THERE IS FREEDOM » | road map for success » | let God help You » | I Believe » | putting my faith in action to change the road my c... » | Helping hands » | getting back to church »

Beating the Addiction of Eating for Self Comfort

Addiction To Me……..something that is not good for me at all, but that keeps me needing and wanting it anyway………the question is Why does it keep me needing it. That answer to me now is………..I for so many years lived in accordance to what my sinful nature taught to me which was also built into the foundation of who I was. Because of that my mind was set to my sinful nature desired. That was Food, self medicate, Food, the cure all fix for all that attacks me. Starting out at 150 pounds it was no big deal, Food was fine, and it was not drugs, booze, sex, or anything bad, just food. Then one day I looked up and there I was. 425 pounds worth of comfort all over my body. My friend Food that I thought was keeping me safe form being a druggy, or a sex crazy person, has damaged my heart, and every working organ in me, and ruined my body completely. I just forgot How to Love Myself when I got lost in all that darkness. Today 20 years later I have learned the lessons and now live according to God’s spirit and have my mind set on what God’s desires are. So I am no longer controlled by the nature’s spirit, because the spirit of God lives in Me. I am in my 7th mth after gastric bypass surgery. I now look in the mirror everyday. Three weeks ago went I went to the doctor I was 82 pounds down, and I am thinking I may be 100 now, go to the doctor next week to check. It is nice to be able to breathe again like a normal person, to walk more than 25 steps without having to sit down, to sleep lying down instead of sitting up so that I can breathe, to be able to put my own socks on………..man there is so much to be thankful for. So now I have a new burst of energy. I am going to get my 6 mini meals a day back on my working diet plan. Boy I wish someone would have told me about that before surgery. Not to say I still wouldn’t have had it, because the doctors told me It was my only choice due to the extensive damage I did to myself while self medicating with the Food. Still it just makes so much sense to me. One meal, one snack, one meal, one snack, etc. It is not that hard, and dog gone it I am worth taking the time to do it right. So here I go, I am PUTTING MY STAKE IN THE SAND for this health stuff. February is right around the corner, it will be one year after surgery, and I want to be 140 down. I rode horses for the first 20 years of my life, I love the western way of Life, I have lost that for so many years, and I want it back. My girls want it back for me so they can share it with me. So me and my Friend God, are going to step it up a bit and get Sonja back on them horses and making some good memories with those two wonderful girls of mine…………..YSIC Sonja

About me

  • I'm healing hoves
  • From
  • after 20 years of emotional abuse from my family, I have finally taken the steps to comeback to God's Grace and Love. I have been in recovery at Celebrate Recovery for two and one half years. These journals I will be adding from my first book are my encounters of my first two years of recovery. I am writing a second book Healing Hooves it will be a story about my 12 year old daughter who is wheel chair bound and how she found reached to great elements of success thru horse thearpy
My profile