« Home | God's Healing Rains » | My Prayer For Today I Pray God that when I meet ... » | In what ways have you experienced God's GRACE in y... » | getting back to my safe place » | Learning To Emrace God New Creations In You » | fighting the battle of forgiveness » | tuesday sept 5th » | there is victory in the Lord » | time for new beginnings » | being a person of purpose »

Finding a way to have a voice when anger tries to shut you down

Well I have to say this has been a trying day for me. As most know I am going to a recovery program called Celebrate Recovery, and I am always inspired to write after my Friday night experiences. Today I got an e-mail by mistake from a woman telling one of our leaders she is tired of the non-sense e-mails she gets forcing others opinions and expressions on her. All my post I have added to my blog and all are inspired by God's teachings, but I guess to some who are just angry and bitter they may be blanket opinionated statements. In my past life I would have let someone like this person shut me down, and just quit completely. While I will refrain from sending future CRA e-mails to respect my very wonderful leader I am however happy God gave me the strength to start this blog so I can write when my heart calls upon me to do so. In closing I will just take this statement as for what it is...........a statement from someone who is far away from God, and is not ready to hear his teachings from others on the journey of recovery. I will continue because my Love for God is far more stronger and important than the ramblings of any bitter angry person. I will pray for this person however because like me she is a child of God, she just doesn't realize how to behave like one yet. It will come someday and I will have patientance for her and her journey just as so many have had patinetance for mine. YSIC Sonja Brooks

Hmmmmm, I can see this happening, because especially people who do not have a strong faith needs a not so in your face opinions.
I can see both sides truely but it makes me defensive when people think there way is the only way. You cannot push your truths on others. They see by example not force.
I am not saying you are wrong at all, but she may not be either.
wanting others to know our truths can be offered not demanded.

I'm glad you are not discouraged by the person's reaction. And I'm equally glad that you are choosing not to take offense. That is growth..and mercy..and grace...all working together to glorify God. Always be ready to give a reason for your hope with gentleness and respect...and continue to walk out love.

this is from sonja to anonymous who I wish would leave you name. IT is ok I can handle constructive comments of anykind. I too saw both sides and if you go back and read that is why I said I am going to post my writings on my blog and not thru e-mails anymore. The only thing I took offense to was her bitter negitive e-mail. She could have respectfuly ask me just to take her off my group list. I would have done so. I do not ever want to push my opinions on anyone, but I always want to have the right to express thing in the most respectful way possible.
That is why I am glad I have this blog now. I know we all come to God at different times and need to have space until then, and I do respect that in all. I do agree with the comment you made wanting others to know our truths can be offered not demanded, and that is why I am changing my process of getting my message out to who ever wants to hear it.........Thanks for you comment........all opinions in my space are welcomed..........sonja

Yes I know you could have taken her off the email list and that is certainly an option, but did you concider maybe that she isnt where you are in your healing and faith. pushy controlling people are not going to win souls they will lose souls to Christ.
My motto is "They will know we are Christians by our love, by our love, they will know we are Christians by our love.
We have a woman in our church that thinks by telling people forcefully about her beliefs that they have to do it her way or they are weak Christians who are not the kind of Christian she is. You kind of said that to in your last post when you said this person is faar away from God and isnt ready to hear from us who are better than her. That is what it sounded like to me.
Maybe you didnt mean it that way but it is how it comes across. Recovery isnt about a competiion, its about encouraging people in there walk. Its about them not us.
My name is Rose. I sign under anonymous because I dont have a blog. I do like reading blogs you can learn alot about peoples realness.

Rose thank you for leaving a name, I appreciated that in you.
If you will remember I wrote at the end of my blog.....someone who is far away from God, and is not ready to hear his teachings from others on the journey of recovery. I will continue because my Love for God is far more stronger and important than the ramblings of any bitter angry person................
I will pray for this person however because like me she is a child of God, she just doesn't realize how to behave like one yet. It will come someday and I will have patientance for her and her journey just as so many have had patinetance for mine. I can say that because I have known her recovery process for 1 year now. I can not save her only God can, I do know the steps of coming out of darkness and into God's light, and I do have to put boundaries up for my ownself when people come in and try to tear down what God and I are doing here. She like you and me have the gift of Free Will, and while I did not like the way she presented herself to me I did however respect her wishes. So I will not aplogize for my words they are what they are, and this will be the last on that because one thing I learned in recovery. We can not live in the past, we must always be moving in a forward direction. Keep coming back and your comments are always welcomed. sonja

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm healing hoves
  • From
  • after 20 years of emotional abuse from my family, I have finally taken the steps to comeback to God's Grace and Love. I have been in recovery at Celebrate Recovery for two and one half years. These journals I will be adding from my first book are my encounters of my first two years of recovery. I am writing a second book Healing Hooves it will be a story about my 12 year old daughter who is wheel chair bound and how she found reached to great elements of success thru horse thearpy
My profile