« Home | I Believe » | putting my faith in action to change the road my c... » | Helping hands » | getting back to church » | breaking free » | My Layers Of Heaven » | free blog design » | God's Glory Is Above All Things » | giving my doubts to God » | What is the purpose of Life. »

let God help You

DISCUSSION: Have you ever let your emotions and your worry so overtake you that you forgot to slow down and let God help you? I do believe it was all those things that led to the complete brokenness 3 years ago on the day I choose to take my life are the things that helped bring me to this very point in my life. When my house burned down, I lost my job, my car broke completly, and my child had her 15th surgery at the age of 10 I did give up on life did not know God to let him help me but he helped me anyway. I could have just dwelled on all the sadness of what was lying in the rubbles and ashes of that fire, but God wanted me to see what greatness was lying ahead in my future. Have you ever thought about the fact that flames, sparks and smoke all reach towards heaven? I believe all the impurities of my past rose in those ashes and God took them all. A good friend of mine, David D. from CR, wrote a great acronym for the word "fire," and when I think back to that time it is his words that come to mind. Those words are: Feeling Intense Restoration Eventually. Characteristics of fire are light, heat, destruction, purification and restoration. I can now see my past life with new meaning. Even though I was in the deepest darkest pits of desolation, I now stand and live in God’s light and love. I have been pronounced innocent, and what ended that life of total destruction began what has now been the greatest adventure of my life. But He knows where I am going. And when He has tested me like gold in a fire, He will pronounce me innocent. Job 23:10 You have tested us, O God; you have purified us like silver melted in a crucible. Psalms 66:10 We went through fire and flood. But you brought us to a place of great abundance. Psalms 66:12 God helped me with his Grace and Love to replace all those past pains with new feelings of hope, love, dreams and even a new family.

WOW! It seems whenever I visit your posts.....that's all I can say! Beautiful and profound post.

May God continue to bless you...as you bless others.

Diane

I had forgotton about the F.I.R.E acronym of Davids.

Being clean again and forgiven is my rocky road but I am getting even if it is at a snails pace.

I remember your down times and I am glad of how much you have grown.

Thank you, Sonja, for the encouraging words you left on my post at Faith Lifts today. It really is encouraging to know that I'm not the only work in progress out here.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm healing hoves
  • From
  • after 20 years of emotional abuse from my family, I have finally taken the steps to comeback to God's Grace and Love. I have been in recovery at Celebrate Recovery for two and one half years. These journals I will be adding from my first book are my encounters of my first two years of recovery. I am writing a second book Healing Hooves it will be a story about my 12 year old daughter who is wheel chair bound and how she found reached to great elements of success thru horse thearpy
My profile