« Home | Helping hands » | getting back to church » | breaking free » | My Layers Of Heaven » | free blog design » | God's Glory Is Above All Things » | giving my doubts to God » | What is the purpose of Life. » | wordless wednesday » | Finding a way to have a voice when anger tries to ... »

putting my faith in action to change the road my children will get to walk on

Davids faith was active. He picked up the stone and placed it in his slingshot and swung it. It took a physical act to put his faith into practice. Discussion:How can you physically put your faith in action today? In what circumstance in your life is God calling for you to step out, pick up that stone, and follow Him? How does the above quote impact your struggles in this area? My story is one of family dysfunction at its finest. Those family dynamics caused tremendous pain for me, which brought both physical and emotional damage to me, and my own children. What I have learned in recovery is that; there ARE reasons why families follow the same destructive behavioral patterns and pass them down from generation to generation. I was taught those dynamics as a child and also as a young adult. That the beliefs put inside of me to destroy me Could be changed. Now I will say it was a painful thing to uncover, even more painful to accept, and extremely hard to change. But I knew this was the only way to Break the Chains of my darkness to give me and the ones I love total freedom. No matter how hard and painful this recovery process was going to be I knew I had to do it because How was I going to be able to love and be there for anyone else in the world when I could not even love or be their for my own self. I had to do this to show God how humbled I was that he did not think of me as that horrible person I was told by my parents that He thought I was. So I put all my Faith in God that he would bring to me all the tools and warriors I need to break those chains. I also knew that by showing my children I could fight the battles of my darkness by depending on God that they too could have a chance in this world for a brighter future. They had already missed their childhoods, and could never get that back. They also had a mother that in the past was scared to show any kind of emotional or physical love to them for fear that they would be destroyed by God for having my sinful love in them. Just like me they knew nothing about Godly things. The only Truth they knew is the Truth I showed them, and that was the Lies my parents taught me. For my children the cost of my damage was just too high for me not to make those necessary changes that I now know I must make, and give God all my Faith so that I can do just that. While I can not go back and do anything about this horrible past that I had to go thru and my children had to live thru me. Thank Goodness I can change what tomorrow will bring for me and those two wonderful girls of mine. What a perfect Legacy to give to those girls. To Break the Chains of Darkness given to Us so that they and their own children can now travel down a road of hopes and dreams of brighter tomorrows. That way when it is Time for them to walk in My shoes with the children they may be blessed to have they can give all of their hearts to them, and Love them they way they need to be Loved, and even be Loved Themselves the way they deserve to be Loved. My recovery Has given me my Purpose so that I can show those girls they too are people of Value, created by God himself, and do not have to live a life of hopelessness and dark circumstances anymore.

Hi Sonja - i just wanted to let you know that I wanted to commetn on your faith lifts meme post, but I didn't see comments enabled on that post.

Your story is so amazing. I cannot even begin to imagine the horror you have lived through. God bless you richly as you heal!!!!!

also - the link that you left on my site is incorrect. just so you know in case others try to click on it.

5:06 AM

janice said...
Hi Sonja - i just wanted to let you know that I wanted to commetn on your faith lifts meme post, but I didn't see comments enabled on that post.

Your story is so amazing. I cannot even begin to imagine the horror you have lived through. God bless you richly as you heal!!!!!

also - the link that you left on my site is incorrect. just so you know in case others try to click on it.

Boo

Post a Comment

Links to this post

Create a Link

About me

  • I'm healing hoves
  • From
  • after 20 years of emotional abuse from my family, I have finally taken the steps to comeback to God's Grace and Love. I have been in recovery at Celebrate Recovery for two and one half years. These journals I will be adding from my first book are my encounters of my first two years of recovery. I am writing a second book Healing Hooves it will be a story about my 12 year old daughter who is wheel chair bound and how she found reached to great elements of success thru horse thearpy
My profile